Every calendar year brings in some unique and interesting facts with it. We have already stepped in 2016 and this year too has some fun facts associated with it. Given below are some of the most interesting facts about 2016 calendar.
- 2016 is a leap year; so we will have an extra day on February 29th.
- All of these dates in 2016 will fall on a Monday: 4/4, 6/6, 8/8, 10/10, and 12/12.
- The 2016 calendar is exactly the same as the 1994 calendar; days, dates, and festivals, all are exactly the same.
- Chinese New Year is on Monday, February 8th, and it will bring about the Year of the Red Fire Monkey… if this is your sign, you are likely curious!
- El Nino is expected to cause more havoc to the world weather pattern during spring 2016 and expected to be one of the strongest on record.
Some more interesting fun facts about 2016
- Independence Day on July 4th will have NASA’s Juno spacecraft reach Mars.
- The 2016 Summer Olympics will be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil from August 5th to August 21st.
- There are always plenty of sequels and comic book movies that could be #1: Batman vs. Superman, Captain America: Civil War, X-Men: Apocalypse, Finding Dory, Suicide Squad, Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them, and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story are all vying for the top spot.
- Come April 2016 and a third set of locks at the Panama Canal will handle ships almost 3 times the size of the ones now.
- Year 2016 has been designated as the International Year of Pulses by the UN General Assembly (pulse is an annual legume crop)
- Canada and Mexico are expected to vote on the issue for using pot recreationally, with the new Canadian prime minister pledging to make it legal. Australia and South Africa are also leaning toward legal pot laws, and California will vote on the issue in November which already allows commercial pot sales.
- The US, British, and Australian troops will withdraw from Afghanistan on Dec 31st, 2016